As always, TTT is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the top ten books on your summer reading list!
I’m so stoked for this one now that it’s officially summer for me!
1) The Night Eternal by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan: This is the third and final book in their Strain Trilogy. This is vampire horror/thriller at its finest. Once I finish this book, I’m going to do a series review. I read the first book in the series right when I got home for Christmas and the second one mostly in the hospital over Spring Break.
2) The History of Love by Nicole Krauss: I’ve heard nothing but praise and great things about this one. I recently picked up a copy at the used bookstore.
3) A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin: ‘Nuff said.
4) Matched by Ally Condie: This is was on my Spring Break reading list, but I still haven’t gotten to it.
5) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: Pretty behind the trend on this one, but I’m excited to read it.
6) 11/22/63 by Stephen King: Summer is the time for chunksters! This will actually be my first Stephen King novel.
7) IQ84 by Haruki Murakami: First Murakami novel though I have a couple on my shelves.
8) The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen: Dystopian literary thriller. Sign me up.
9) The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma: Victorian London + History + Literature + Time Travel + H.G. Wells
10) The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons: Sequel to Hyperion. Despite what I’ve heard about the rest of the series, I’m still excited to read the rest. I’m a definite completeist. And I just started this one last night!