As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s top: top ten (or seven!) most anticipated books for 2013.
1) The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
-A new Gaiman?! EEEEE!!
2) City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
-Prague (a city I have never been to, but am irrevocably in love with), mystery, murder, history, dusty old pages? So. There.
3) Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
-Boarding school, a quirky kid, the Appalachian trail (want to hike this and all the stupidly long trails even though I don’t think I could hack it), and pi (the number).
4) Revenge of the Girl With the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg
-The title kind of says it all, doesn’t it?
5) The Twelve Traibes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
-This one reminds me of Grapes of Wrath. So curious about it.
6) The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
-A re-imagining of The Island of Dr. Moreau
7) The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.
All Jodi Picoult, all the time.
Great list! I don’t have ten on my anticipating list yet, but I’m looking forward to “The Last Camilla” by Sarah Jio (so much love for this author) and “The Ghost Bride” by Yangsze Choo (fascinating high-concept premise that I can’t wait to read!)
I love the name of Gaiman’s. The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Very intriguing. I’ll have to add it to my list!