As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic: top ten best/worst movie adaptations. I split this list into seven best and three worst.
1. Stardust, a book by Neil Gaiman -I think I actually prefer the movies.
2. Harry Potter series – So much awesome.
3. Lord of the Rings series- I think these came out better than the books.
4. Life of Pi – An incredibly beautiful film.
5. The Hunger Games – A great, great adaptation.
6. The Comfort of Strangers, a novel by Ian McEwan – Love this film. Book was meh.
7. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – American version. So, so good.
1. Twilight series- I actually kind of liked the books. The movies were laughably horrible.
2. Watchmen, a graphic novel by Alan Moore – Such an amazing complex graphic novel, got distilled into something that absolutely paled in comparison.
3. The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons – Tom Hanks is just not MY Robert Langdon.