As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic: top ten authors who deserve more recognition.
1. Carlos Ruiz Zafon– Always, always, always.
2. Kent Haruf- I’d NEVER heard of him until he was recommended to me and his work is awesome.
3. Aimee Bender- Her books make you feel all the things. But it’s hard to stumble across Aimee Bender unless you’re in the literary community.
4. Nicole Krauss-The History of Love was stunning.
5. Douglas Preston- Preston and Child get recognition, but if you ask me, they could stand to get as much as Dean Koontz, Lee Child, James Patterson, and the rest of the heavy hitters.
6. Lincoln Child
7. Ally Condie- Another great, YA dystopia author.
8. Kate Brian- Brian has been quietly plugging away at her writing for her years. She’s extremely prolific, but her work hasn’t taken off like some author YA authors…like Sarah Dessen or Sara Shephard.
9. Michael Grant- One of the best YA thriller authors out there.
10. Susane Colasanti- A Sarah Dessen-esque author, I always recommend her to people who like Sarah Dessen.