***Note: I acidentally switched this week and last week’s TTT topic! *** As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic: Top Ten Books That You Wish Were Taught In Schools. Interestingly, but probably not at all surprisingly, most of these books have occupied spots on the Banned Book Lists.
1. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
2. Native Son by Richard Wright
3. The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
4. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Doestoevsky
5. Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
6. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
7. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
9. Lolita by Vladimir Nobokov
10. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
If you read any of these books in school or have put them on your syllabi, I’d love to hear about it!