Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
Think and Grow Rich has been called the “Granddaddy of All Motivational Literature.” It was the first book to boldly ask, “What makes a winner?” The man who asked and listened for the answer, Napoleon Hill, is now counted in the top ranks of the world’s winners himself.The most famous of all teachers of success spent “a fortune and the better part of a lifetime of effort” to produce the “Law of Success” philosophy that forms the basis of his books and that is so powerfully summarized in this one.
I read the extended version of the original 1937 Think and Grow Rich. The extended version includes contemporary anecdotes to add to Napolean Hill’s original anecdotes. Contemporary millionaires and billionaires mentioned in this updated version include Bill Gates and Mary Kay Ash.
Most of the wisdom of this book lies in the first half. The thread gets a bit lost through the middle before finishing strong. This seems to be a pretty common theme with these motivational and positive psychology books. But if you are at all interested in becoming well-versed on these subjects, then this book is a must-read because like Mindset it is one of the seminal works in this area.
Think and Grow Rich is really a longer treatise on six practical steps which I’ve outlined here. Money and wealth are words used throughout this book, but they can be substituted for anything you truly desire. Wealth is, after all, a word with many definitions. You can be rich in money, in things, in experiences, in love, in spirit, etc.:
- Define and focus on the amount of wealth you want to receive.
- Determine what you intend to give in return for the wealth you desire.
- Establish the date by which you intend to possess the wealth.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once.
- Write out steps 1-4 into a clear and concise statement.
- Read your written statement aloud twice daily, really seeing, visualizing, and believing yourself already in possession of the wealth.
Think and Grow Rich goes on from there to really dig into each of these steps, but these are the six core steps that underlie the whole book. You’re welcome!
Click here to buy on Amazon: Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller – Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century