Things I learned yesterday: There’s a world series for Little League. Who knew? I watched a few minutes of the game between Japan and Panama while I was warming up at the gym.
Are you a Pantser, Plotter, Adventurer, or Strategist? Let me know at The Dark Globe.
If you heart desires, enter. I’m so excited to be one of the judges!
The Time Has Come!! Writers To Your Pens!!!
Time for The Official Rules Etc.
The Official Rules;
1) Writers are Allowed 1,200 Words to Write a Short Story, or Part of a Story.
2) There Are 7 Judges, None of which will be Partaking in the Contest
3) The Contest Begins Today, April 1st, 2012, and goes through April 14th, 2012, Midnight U.S. PST Time.
4) The 7 Judges Shall Read and Rate Each Piece 1-10, and Return Their Ratings to me between April 15th, and April 22nd, 2012. At which Point I shall Add up Their Points, and Determine The Winners.
5) The Winners will be Announced Monday, April 23rd, 2012.
6) Story May Be Something You’ve Written Prior to April 1st, 2012.
7) Submissions Must Be E-Mailed ToTrueDarkJade68@Yahoo.com.
8) ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE EACH INDIVIDUALLY…
View original post 343 more words
I’m over talking about Tolkien at the Dark Globe today. For those of who have been wondering what I’m doing over at the Dark Globe and what that means for isleofbooks, keep reading. For my own blog, I’m not planning to do anything differently. This will still be a blog devoted to rave reviews about books along with author spotlights, series spotlights, literature readings out and about in San Diego, general musings about writing, and the newly hatched poetry features. Some of who click around in the tabs or look at my Goodreads will notice that I read a lot more than I post about. Because I don’t intend this blog to be a place for general book reviews (see the About section), I don’t review a lot of what I read. So that’s what I’m doing at the Dark Globe, talking about the other books that were good/great, but didn’t make me want to buy a hundred copies and leave it on people’s doorsteps.