As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic: top ten favorite books I read before I was a blogger. Some of these I’ve actually gone on to a review, but a few I haven’t.
1. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
2. The Passage by Justin Cronin
3. Firebringer by David Clement Davies
4. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
6. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
7. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
8. The Devil’s Highway by Luis Alberto Urrea
9. Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
10. 1984 by George Orwell
Awesome list! I read three books from Nicholas Sparks late last year when I decided to move on. I’m now in the middle of reading the whole John Grisham bibliography. It’s quite a read. My favorite book is still The Firm, which I read years and years ago. It has this cultish feel to what Mitch, the main character, goes through. Him trying to get out of the firm is like a member of a church trying to get out after finding out it’s actually a cult. I enjoyed that aspect of the book. But more importantly, he has a wonderful way to capture a reader’s attention!