As always, TTT is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic was a REWIND. I chose an older topics, favorite words. Seventeen words to be correct. These are some of my favorites below, with definitions! Enjoy! Be sure to leave me a few of your favorites in the comments.
- Emit flashes of light; sparkle.
- Fluoresce momentarily when struck by a charged particle or photon.
(a)a rhythmic sequence or flow of sounds in language
(b) the beat, time, or measure of rhythmical motion or activity
2.(a)a falling inflection of the voice
(b) a concluding and usually falling strain; specifically : a musical chord sequence moving to a
harmonic close or point of rest and giving the sense of harmonic completion
3. the modulated and rhythmic recurrence of a sound especially in nature
- Fluent or persuasive in speaking or writing.
- Clearly expressing or indicating something
1. Last but one in a series of things; second last:
5. Dust (inside joke time)
1. Fine, dry powder consisting of tiny particles of earth or waste matter lying on the ground or on surfaces or carried into the air.
- Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
- (of power or a ruling body) Unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.
1. Accept something reluctantly but without protest.
1. The period of partial darkness at the beginning or end of the day; twilight.
1. (esp. of fabric) Light, delicate, and translucent.
Verb (plus object):
1. To inspire or influence thoroughly; pervade
2. To permeate or saturate.
3. To stain or dye deeply.
- Wanting to avoid activity or exertion; lazy.
- (of a disease condition) Causing little or no pain.
1. the time when the sun crosses the plane of the earth’s equator, making night and day of approximately equal length all over the earth and occurring about March 21 (vernal equinox or spring equinox) and September 22 (autumnal equinox).
1. Producing or capable of producing an abundance of offspring or new growth; fertile.
1. A grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc.
- Existing at or from the beginning of time; primeval.
- (esp. of a state or quality) Basic and fundamental.
- An underground container for the temporary storage of liquid waste and sewage.
- A disgusting or corrupt place.
1. Representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class